Tesla (TSLA) Shares Move to Session Highs as Ambitious 500k+/Year Production Goal Called into Question
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) shares are moving to session highs amid another recent 'hit' piece.
Late Thursday, the Daily Kanban published an article on Tesla entitled:
Docs Reveal: Tesla’s Production Capacity Limited To Less Than Half Of Its 500,000 Vehicle Target.
The following key points are highlighted in the piece:
- Air quality permits for the recently-upgraded paint shop at Tesla’s Fremont plant limit the electric automaker’s production capacity to less than half of its targeted rate of 500,000 vehicles per year
- Tesla says it plans a second expansion of the Fremont paint shop, but has not yet applied for the necessary emissions permit or even put the equipment from its first expansion phase into use.
- If any future expansion or upgrade increases the Fremont plant’s net emissions by more than 6.5% over currently-permitted levels, Tesla’s paint shop will be required to comply with the extremely stringent Lowest Achievable Emission Rate (LAER) standard.
- These regulatory conditions present a serious challenge to the volume goals and production ramp forecast Tesla has publicly set for Model 3
Shares of Tesla are up over 1.5 percent Friday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Aspen Institute CEO to be Honored by IEEE History Committee For Book on the Digital Revolution
- AngelList Acquires Startup Company Product Hunt
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!