TASER (TASR) Jumps Higher On Sales Guidance, Orders
- Home Depot, Inc. (HD) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c; Boosts FY13 Outlook
- TiVo, Inc. (TIVO) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c; Issues Solid Q2 Rev Outlook
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 05/20: (SDBT) (TIVO) (REN) Higher; (HGG) (CIMT) (CCL) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: Yahoo, Tumblr Make it Official; New CEO at Chesapeake; SAC's Cohen Subpoenaed
- Yahoo!'s (YHOO) Mayer: We Won't Screw Up Tumblr!
Shares of TASER International Inc. (Nasdaq: TASR) are jumping higher today after better than expected revenue guidance this morning and the announcement of three significant orders, including one from Brazil. Shares are up over 20 percent.
TASER, maker of the popular electronic control devices, said is sees Q4 revs of approximately $32 million, versus the consensus of $28.7 million. TASER said 2009 revenue will be approximately $102M, versus the consensus of $98.4 million. Both the 4th Quarter revenue and total 2009 revenue numbers include approximately $3.5 million of revenue deferred in Q3 2009 relating to the TASER X3 trade in program.
TASER also said it received and shipped three significant orders in December 2009. The first order for 2,250 ADVANCED TASER(R) M26(TM) Electronic Control Devices (ECDs) and related accessories was for the Brazilian Ministry of Justice. The second order was for the Philadelphia Police, PA, for 1,000 TASER(R) X26(TM) ECDs and related accessories. The third order was for the Chicago Police Department, IL, for 386 TASER X26 ECDs and related accessories.
Yesterday, analysts at Merriman Curhan Ford said TASR was one of their top picks for 2010. The said, "in our opinion, 2010 will mark the year when TASER begins to leverage the significant R&D spending during the past couple of years and generate a marked ramp in both revenues and profitability."
Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Board Said to Approve $1.1B Tumblr Deal
- Tableau Software (DATA) IPO now indicated $42-$44
- Marketo (MKTO) IPO Opens 54% Higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesMerriman Curhan Ford
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!