SEC Said Probing Firms Over Mishandling of ADRs - WSJ (BK) (C) (JPM)
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is said to have sent subpoenas to four depositary banks as it looks into whether or not the firms have been mishandling securities in the American depositary receipts (ADRs) market.
ADRs were created to help domestic investors invest in overseas companies.
One major point being looked into is "pre-release" of ADRs, where the firms release ADRs before holding the underlying securities of foreign companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Sees Q4 Revenue of $1.04B, Comps Down 4.8%
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) Resolves Legacy Biomet FCPA Matters with DOJ and SEC
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) and Bendon Enter LOI to Merge
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Litigation
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!