SEC Said Probing Firms Over Mishandling of ADRs - WSJ (BK) (C) (JPM)
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is said to have sent subpoenas to four depositary banks as it looks into whether or not the firms have been mishandling securities in the American depositary receipts (ADRs) market.
ADRs were created to help domestic investors invest in overseas companies.
One major point being looked into is "pre-release" of ADRs, where the firms release ADRs before holding the underlying securities of foreign companies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Moody's Lower Outlook on Italy to Negative; Ratings Affirmed (FXE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Litigation
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!