Praxair (PX), Linde Said Close to Restarting Merger Talks
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Sources said that Praxair approached Germany-based Linde last week and talks might resume soon.
The combination of Praxair and Linde would produce a $60 billion industrial-gas company.
Discussions last ended in September after Linde got cold feet about the plan to move the combined company's headquarters from Europe to the U.S.
Even if a deal is struck, it isn't guaranteed that it would past regulatory muster.
Amid the chatter, Praxair is up 1.7 percent, but off of earlier highs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Federal Judge to Block Anthem (ANTM), Cigna Corp. (CI) Merger - NYP
- Fifth Third Bank (FITB) to Acquire The Retirement Corporation of America; Terms Not Disclosed
- Alibaba not interested in acquisitions, more interested in partnerships
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!