Loeb's Thirdpoint Shows New Stake in Liberty Media, Walgreen, Raised Stake in Xerox, Popular, Sells-Out of Citi, Yahoo!
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Dan Loeb's Thirdpoint Capital hedge fund has just issued its 13F for the quarter ended March 31, 2010. The manager drastically raised his positions in Xerox and Popular, started new stakes in Liberty Media, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Walgreen, and sold-out of his positions in Citi and Yahoo!.
- raised stake in Xerox (NYSE: XRX) by 3 million shares to 7 million shares
- initiated a new stake in Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LINTA) with 4.8 million shares
- initiated a new stake in Aspen Technology (Nasdaq: AZPN) with 5.02 million shares
- initiated a new stake in Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE: CCE) with 2 million shares
- initiated new position in Walgreen (NYSE: WAG) with 1.5 million shares
- raised stake in Popular (Nasdaq: BPOP) by 2.5 million shares to 12.5 million shares
- lowered position in Nabio BioPharma (Nasdaq: NABI) by 672K shares to 5.24 million shares
- started a new stake in RF Micro (Nasdaq: RFMD) with 5 million shares
- lowered stake in Dana Holding Corp. (NYSE: DAN) by 1.1 million shares to 500K shares
- new stake in Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) with 4 million shares
- slashed stake in Phoenix Companies (NYSE: PNX) by a whopping 5.32 million shares to 1.65 million shares
- liquidated stake in Citi (NYSE: C); Loeb previously held 25 million shares
- sold-out of position in Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO); previously held 1 million shares
- liquidated Energy Partners (NYSE: EPL) position; the fund had 3.31 million shares previously
You May Also Be Interested In
- Three U.S. Banks Still Failing to Comply with Parts of $25B Mortgage Settlement
- JCPenney (JCP) Continues Lower as Sentiment Remains Mixed
- InterOil (IOC) Discloses Details of Total Stake Sale
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDaniel Loeb, Citi, Third Point LLC, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!