In its Darkest Days, Twitter (TWTR) Gets Some Emotional Support from Key Silicon Valley Exec
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Twitter (NASDAQ: TWTR) stock has been brutalized over the past few days as potential suitors for the company continue to bow out and a sale looks 'dead in the water'. However, today the company's service received some much-needed emotional support from a notable tech executive.
LinkedIn's (NYSE: LNKD) CEO, Jeff Weiner, which is in a pending takeover with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), said the past few days (Trump video, debate, etc.) shows how crucial Twitter service is as a digital town hall.
Twitter has its challenges, but last 3 days remind how essential it is; digital town hall that changed how news is distributed & discussed— Jeff Weiner (@jeffweiner) October 10, 2016
Weiner's comments have sparked some very vague chatter that LinkedIn suitor Microsoft could come in as a dark horse bidder for Twitter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Said Planning to Cut 'Hundreds' of Jobs
- Deutsche Bank could integrate Postbank in strategic u-turn: sources
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!