In its Darkest Days, Twitter (TWTR) Gets Some Emotional Support from Key Silicon Valley Exec
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Twitter (NASDAQ: TWTR) stock has been brutalized over the past few days as potential suitors for the company continue to bow out and a sale looks 'dead in the water'. However, today the company's service received some much-needed emotional support from a notable tech executive.
LinkedIn's (NYSE: LNKD) CEO, Jeff Weiner, which is in a pending takeover with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), said the past few days (Trump video, debate, etc.) shows how crucial Twitter service is as a digital town hall.
Twitter has its challenges, but last 3 days remind how essential it is; digital town hall that changed how news is distributed & discussed— Jeff Weiner (@jeffweiner) October 10, 2016
Weiner's comments have sparked some very vague chatter that LinkedIn suitor Microsoft could come in as a dark horse bidder for Twitter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) calls active on sharp rally
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- Twitter (TWTR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!