In its Darkest Days, Twitter (TWTR) Gets Some Emotional Support from Key Silicon Valley Exec
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Twitter (NASDAQ: TWTR) stock has been brutalized over the past few days as potential suitors for the company continue to bow out and a sale looks 'dead in the water'. However, today the company's service received some much-needed emotional support from a notable tech executive.
LinkedIn's (NYSE: LNKD) CEO, Jeff Weiner, which is in a pending takeover with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), said the past few days (Trump video, debate, etc.) shows how crucial Twitter service is as a digital town hall.
Twitter has its challenges, but last 3 days remind how essential it is; digital town hall that changed how news is distributed & discussed— Jeff Weiner (@jeffweiner) October 10, 2016
Weiner's comments have sparked some very vague chatter that LinkedIn suitor Microsoft could come in as a dark horse bidder for Twitter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
- T-Mobile (TMUS), Sprint (S), Twitter (TWTR) Gain on Trump SoftBank Tweet
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) to reveal fully electric vehicle at CES, also plans electric Maserati - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!