Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Market Wrap: IBM Profits Miss Mark; eBay Loses Noted Director; Merger Monday is Back
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (ILMN) (HLX) (AAPL) Higher; (RNO) (KALU) (UCTT) (CMG) Lower (more...)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q3 EPS by 31c, Offers Guidance
- AbbVie (ABBV), Shire (SHPG) Terminate Merger Talks
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Upgrades Align Technology (ALGN) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Starts Vail Resorts (MTN) at Neutral
- Goldman Sachs Starts CONE Midstream Partners, LP (CNNX) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!