Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Misses Q2 EPS by 12c; Sees FY15 Core Earnings In-Line to Down Versus Prior Year
- Caterpillar (CAT) Misses Q4 EPS by 20c; Guides FY15 EPS Well Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/27: (SIMG) (CRRC) (COMM) Higher; (MSFT) (CAT) (PG) (UTX) Lower (more...)
- Pfizer (PFE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY15 Outlook
- Dec. Durable Goods Orders -3.4% vs 0.3% Expected
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Nextel Mexico in $1.875B Deal (NIHD)
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades STMicroelectronics (STM) Two-Notches to Buy
- Market Wrap: Left-Wing Party Wins Greek Elections; Merger Monday; Ocwen, California Settle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!