Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Top 10 News for 05/13 - 05/17: Tesla Can't be Stopped; Tepper Still Bullish; Sony Gets in Play
- Tableau Software (DATA) IPO Surges Higher
- Bloomberg Taps Former IBM (IBM) Exec to Lead Privacy, Data Standards Initiative
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 05/17: (RSOL) (SCTY) (VNDA) Higher; (ARUN) (UNXL) (COSI) Lower
- Despite Outside Interest, Tumblr and Yahoo! (YHOO) Are in Lockup (MSFT) (FB)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Opens Higher; Lazard Raises PT to $17
- UPDATE: Uni-Pixel (UNXL) Takes Beating in Friday Trading
- 3D Systems (DDD) Execs Unload 1.28M Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!