Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Wall St. opens higher on signs from China
- Platt's BlueCrest to Return All Outside Client Money: Will Become Private Investment Partnership
- ITC Holdings (ITC) to Review Strategic Alternatives Including Sale
- Ford Motor (F) Nov. U.S. Light-Vehicle Sales Miss Estimates as Car Sales Slump
- Tepper's Appaloosa Sends Letter to TerraForm Power (TERP) (SUNE)
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ford Motor (F) Comments on Recently Ratified UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Conn's Inc. (CONN) to Buy
- UAW-Ford Collective Bargaining Agreement Part of the Foundation for an Even Stronger Business in Years Ahead
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!