Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Wall Street falls as Apple drags down tech stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/30: (RIGL) (KPTI) (RBA) Higher; (ANF) (CBK) (GIII) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) Determined to Receive Up to EUR13 Billion in Undue Irish Tax Breaks - EC
- Bill Ackman Baked Into a Corner on Herbalife (HLF), Icahn Tells CNBC
- Agrium (AGU), PotashCorp (POT) Confirm Merger Talks; Say No Decision Made
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Says Court Denied CEOC Motion to Extend an Injunction Enjoining Lawsuits
- Atlas Resource Partners Receives Approval of Its Prepackaged Restructuring
- China faces massive closures of small thermal power plants: media
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!