Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- AbbVie (ABBV) to Acquire Pharmacyclics (PCYC) for $21 Billion
- Etsy (ETSY) Files $100 Million IPO
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 03/05: (KYTH) (PCYC) (KR) Higher; (BRLI) (JOY) (ABBV) Lower (more...)
- ECB Boosts FY15, FY16 Real GDP Outlook; Sees Avg. Inflation at 1.8% in FY17 (FXE) (UUP)
- Ciena (CIEN) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Sales Miss
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades MannKind (MNKD) to Sell on Slow Afrezza Launch
- BPZ Energy (BPZ) Elects Grace Period for Convertible Bond Repayment
- U.S. Job Cuts Rose 21% to 50,579 in Feb. - Challenger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!