Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Market Wrap: Men's Wearhouse/Jos. A. Bank Strike Deal; Fuel Cell Stocks Pop, Drop; Bye, Bye Fannie and Freddie?
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 03/11: (OXGN) (PRMW) (PAY) Higher; (MX) (KTOS) (PLUG) Lower
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- The End of Fannie (FNMA) and Freddie (FMCC)?
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Justice Department to Probe GM (GM) Ignition Recall
- Goldman Sachs Comments on SolarCity (SCTY) Accounting Review
- J. C. Penney (JCP) Seen Generating Postive Comp Sales Amid Comback, Citi Upgrades to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!