Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Top 10 News for 8/24 - 8/28: Markets Volatile on Continued China Worries; Revised Q2 GDP Outpaces; Facebook Hits User Activity Milestone
- Wall Street ends flat in quiet end to dramatic week
- Carl Icahn files 13D on Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Autodesk (ADSK) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
- Fed says rate hike next month hinges on market volatility
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Consumer Satisfaction with Automobiles Fell for Third Year Amid Increased Recalls - ACSI (F) (GM) (FCAU)
- Investors pull record $29.5 billion from equity funds in China-driven rout: BAML
- Talvivaara Mining Company Interim Report for January-June 2015
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!