Goldman Sachs Upgraded Ford Motor (F) To Conviction Buy, Says Won't Need Bailout
- Market Wrap: SanDisk Slumps on Outlook; Initial Claims Fall; FCC Drops Neustar
- Google (GOOG) Agreed to Pay Incoming CFO Ruth Porat $70M by 2016
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/26: (OXM) (OREX) (YHOO) Higher; (RH) (GME) Lower (more...)
- GameStop (GME) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY15 EPS Outlook
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides Q1, FY15
Goldman Sachs upgraded Ford Motor (NYSE: F) from Neutral to Buy and added the stock to their Conviction Buy List, saying the company won't need a government bailout and will benefit from likely bankruptcy filings of General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Chrysler llc.
The firm set the stage is set for a sea change in the U.S. auto industry.
The firm set a price target of $6 on Ford, which compares to yesterday's close of $3.80.
UPDATE: Shares of Ford have rallied more than 13% on the Goldman call. The stock most recently traded at $4.33.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Week FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Comments on Lumber Liquidators (LL) CPSC Testing
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Adds Honeywell (HON) to CL-Buy List
- Becker Friedman Institute and Urban Institute to Host DC Conference Exploring the Price of Policy Uncertainty on the Economy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Chrysler LLC, Goldman Sachs, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!