Charter Communications (CHTR) Plans to Offer Wireless Service (VZ)
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) is planning to launch a wireless service by leasing airwaves from Verizon (NYSE: VZ), according to the WSJ, citing commentary made by CEO Tom Rutledge at an investor conference on Wednesday.
Chater received the agreement via its acquisition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks.
While details on the product weren't offered, Rutledge commented,
We have talked internally about how to build out our network to capacity…and how to do that both terrestrially and wirelessly.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Charter (CHTR) in advanced talks on including Netflix (NFLX) on TV interface - Bloomberg
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!