Charter Communications (CHTR) Plans to Offer Wireless Service (VZ)
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) is planning to launch a wireless service by leasing airwaves from Verizon (NYSE: VZ), according to the WSJ, citing commentary made by CEO Tom Rutledge at an investor conference on Wednesday.
Chater received the agreement via its acquisition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks.
While details on the product weren't offered, Rutledge commented,
We have talked internally about how to build out our network to capacity…and how to do that both terrestrially and wirelessly.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Charter Communications (CHTR) PT Bumped to $289 at Macquarie
- National Beverage Corp. (FIZZ) Responds to 'False Report' from Short Sellers
- Cosi (COSI) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!