Apple (AAPL) Sets Date for iPhone 6 Unveiling
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Mark your calender. Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has set an iPhone event for September 9, according to Re/Code. If true, the event will likely be the unveiling of the iPhone 6.
Apple has been rumored to be releasing a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as well as a larger 5.5-inch version. While the smaller version is already said to be in production, the larger version is not expected to go into production until later this month. Apple may release the smaller version one week after the September unveiling then wait until before Christmas to launch the larger version.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be a record launch for Apple. The company may also charge a premium for the larger-screen model, thereby lifting ASPs.
Apple shares normally outperform into a product launch. Apple's stock has historically outperformed by 1100 bp and 560 bp on a relative basis in the two-month and one-month period preceding iPhone announcements, respectively, according to past research from Bernstein's Toni Sacconaghi.
Shares of Apple are up fractionally to $95.67 into the event.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Being Probed by SEC
- Consensus iPhone 6/6+ Numbers Might Prove Conservative; Cowen Boosts Apple (AAPL) PT to $110
- Apple (AAPL): Cantor Sees Record Weekend Sales Despite iPhone 6 Plus Supply Constraints
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!