Apple (AAPL) Sets Date for iPhone 6 Unveiling
- Market Wrap: CPI Outpaces in Sept.; Regulus Ramps on RG-101 Data; AT&T Trims Outlook
- AT&T Inc (T) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Yelp (YELP) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q4 Revs Outlook
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) CEO Looks to Have 250,000 Doses of Ebola Vaccine Available by May
- Regulus (RGLS) Data Presents Minimal Risk to Gilead (GILD), Baird Says; 'RG-101 Data Looks About as Competitive as Dead Interferons'
Mark your calender. Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has set an iPhone event for September 9, according to Re/Code. If true, the event will likely be the unveiling of the iPhone 6.
Apple has been rumored to be releasing a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as well as a larger 5.5-inch version. While the smaller version is already said to be in production, the larger version is not expected to go into production until later this month. Apple may release the smaller version one week after the September unveiling then wait until before Christmas to launch the larger version.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be a record launch for Apple. The company may also charge a premium for the larger-screen model, thereby lifting ASPs.
Apple shares normally outperform into a product launch. Apple's stock has historically outperformed by 1100 bp and 560 bp on a relative basis in the two-month and one-month period preceding iPhone announcements, respectively, according to past research from Bernstein's Toni Sacconaghi.
Shares of Apple are up fractionally to $95.67 into the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) attorney says consensual accord with Apple reached - Bloomberg
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 10/22: (RGLS) (AAPL) (SMCI) High; (DDD) (CREE) (BDBD) Low
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Finance Launches New Interactive Charts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!