Apple (AAPL) Sets Date for iPhone 6 Unveiling
- Top 10 News for 10/20 - 10/24: Apple Ramps on Results; Loeb Eyes Amgen; Advanced Technologies Exits Sapphire Game
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; To Spin-Off Duracell
- Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham now cured - NIH Says
- Ford Motor (F) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- SodaStream (SODA) Confirms 'Small-Scale' PepsiCo (PEP) Test
Mark your calender. Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has set an iPhone event for September 9, according to Re/Code. If true, the event will likely be the unveiling of the iPhone 6.
Apple has been rumored to be releasing a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as well as a larger 5.5-inch version. While the smaller version is already said to be in production, the larger version is not expected to go into production until later this month. Apple may release the smaller version one week after the September unveiling then wait until before Christmas to launch the larger version.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be a record launch for Apple. The company may also charge a premium for the larger-screen model, thereby lifting ASPs.
Apple shares normally outperform into a product launch. Apple's stock has historically outperformed by 1100 bp and 560 bp on a relative basis in the two-month and one-month period preceding iPhone announcements, respectively, according to past research from Bernstein's Toni Sacconaghi.
Shares of Apple are up fractionally to $95.67 into the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GT Advanced Technologies (GTATQ), Apple Enter Settlement Agreement
- Vringo (VRNG) Reports that The Hague Denied ZTE's Request to Release UMTS-Products
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Updates on Final Recommendation by CHMP for Iclusig
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!