Apple (AAPL) Repatriation Chatter Grows Following Trump Victory
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) is down 1.1% today which could be related to repatriation talk following a Donald Trump victory. Trumps has proposed a 10% repatriation tax, which would be enforced if the company brings the money back or not. However. as StreetInsider explained in a Nov. 4th article, Apple has two lumps of overseas cash: one lump is $106 billion, which the company has taken a deferred tax liability of $31.4 billion on its books. The other lump is $109.8 billion, which it hasn't paid tax on yet but estimates an unrecognized deferred tax of $35.9 billion.
Apple may not be able to pay the 10% on the entire amount, just the second lump of overseas cash, according to tax experts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Most active options: AAPL BAC MSFT AMD FB C GS NVDA JCP JPM NFLX AMZN
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk Says NHTSA's Final Report on Autopilot is 'Very Positive'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!