Apple (AAPL) Repatriation Chatter Grows Following Trump Victory
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) is down 1.1% today which could be related to repatriation talk following a Donald Trump victory. Trumps has proposed a 10% repatriation tax, which would be enforced if the company brings the money back or not. However. as StreetInsider explained in a Nov. 4th article, Apple has two lumps of overseas cash: one lump is $106 billion, which the company has taken a deferred tax liability of $31.4 billion on its books. The other lump is $109.8 billion, which it hasn't paid tax on yet but estimates an unrecognized deferred tax of $35.9 billion.
Apple may not be able to pay the 10% on the entire amount, just the second lump of overseas cash, according to tax experts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- AT&T touts Time Warner merger at U.S. Senate hearing
- TerraForm Power (TERP) December calls active
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!