Michigan Treasury Dept. Takes Larger Stake in Tesla (TSLA)
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
While Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) can't sell cars directly in Michigan, Michigan can sure make investments in Tesla.
The Detroit News pointed out on Thursday that the Michigan Department of Treasury bought about $48 million worth of Tesla stock in Q2, according to regulatory filings. The shares will be applied toward state retirement funds.
SEC filings show Michigan Department of Treasury holding 339,623 shares of Tesla as of June 30th, up from 104,821 shares on March 30th.
Total value of the stake was $72 million.
Shares of Tesla are down modestly Thursday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Sets New Start Time for Oct. 28th Solar Roof Event
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
- Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS) Announces $7.56M Common Stock, Warrants Registered Direct Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!