Michigan Treasury Dept. Takes Larger Stake in Tesla (TSLA)
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
While Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) can't sell cars directly in Michigan, Michigan can sure make investments in Tesla.
The Detroit News pointed out on Thursday that the Michigan Department of Treasury bought about $48 million worth of Tesla stock in Q2, according to regulatory filings. The shares will be applied toward state retirement funds.
SEC filings show Michigan Department of Treasury holding 339,623 shares of Tesla as of June 30th, up from 104,821 shares on March 30th.
Total value of the stake was $72 million.
Shares of Tesla are down modestly Thursday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)