Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twas the Night Before Alibaba (BABA)
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Eteplirsen Dosing Said Delayed Until Oct./Nov.
- Hearing underwriters soliciting sell orders from clients on Alibaba (BABA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!