Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Top 10 News for 09/28 - 10/2: Nonfarm Numbers Lag in Sept.; Splitsville for Alcoa; Initial Sales of Apple's Latest iPhone Set Record
- September Jobs Report Weaker Than Expected at 142K, Prior Months Revised Down 59K
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces 11,580 Deliveries in Q3; Includes First Model X Units
- Wall Street ends higher in sharp turnaround
- @Jack Back = Twitter (TWTR) Sold - Analyst
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft's (MSFT) Office 2016 Said Having Stability Issues with OS X El Capitan (AAPL)
- Alibaba (BABA) Surges 7%
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Aims to Ice Competition by Banning Certain Streaming Device Sales (AAPL) (GOOG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!