Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Market Wrap: Horizon Pharma Gets Hostile on Depomed; Tesla Slumps on Downgrade; U.S. Trade Deficit Widens in May
- The Container Store Group, Inc. (TCS) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Offers FY15 Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/07: (TCS) (TREE) (VMW) Higher; (CLVS) (KTWO) Lower (more...)
- Plug Power (PLUG) Reports Record Quarterly Revenues for Q2; Maintains FY15 Outlook
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Proposes to Acquire Depomed (DEPO) for $29.25/Share
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: LendingTree (TREE) Set to Join the S&P SmallCap 600
- Exclusive: Tesla (TSLA) Hasn't Cancelled Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 7/7: (MCFT) (MSFT) (KRNT) (CBS) (WDAY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!