Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Market Wrap: Housing Sales Miss in June; Earnings Abound; SodaStream 'Pops' on Speculation
- Containerboard Stocks Could Revalue Up to 100% Under MLP Structures, Perry Capital Says (IP) (KS) (RKT)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/24: (DTLK) (LOGM) (BIDU) Higher; (LSCC) (MXIM) (AMZN) Lower (more...)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Posts Q2 Loss of 24c/Share
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Ramps Higher
- With Pesky Q3 Results Out of the Way, All Eyes Focus on Apple (AAPL) iPhone Refresh and All-Time Highs
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Gains as Analyst Sees Study 'Success'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!