Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Market Wrap: Adv. Q3 GDP Outpaces; Citi Lowers Q3 Results; Starbucks Percolates in Q3
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Citigroup (C) Adjusts Q3 Results Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/30: (MELI) (GPRO) (AXTI) Higher; (AEGR) (TRMB) (TPX) (SBUX) Lower (more...)
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Guides FY14 EPS Above Views
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tourbillion Says MannKind (MNKD) Massively Overvalued - Bloomberg
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Unveils 3D Printing System
- Fed Ends QE as Planned
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!