Does Bill Gates Have An Open Sell Order On His Microsoft (MSFT) Stock? Dumps 20M Shares In 10 Trading Days
- Reynolds American's (RAI) Acquisition of Lorillard (LO) Cleared by U.S. FTC
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/26: (EOX) (FPRX) (TIVO) Higher; (VNET) (WDAY) (COT) Lower (more...)
- Michael Kors (KORS) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c, Issues Light FY16 Outlook
- Jimmy John's Preparing IPO - Report
A filing after the close on Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) showed that Bill Gates sold another 3 million shares of the stock on 5/12 at $19.79.
Since April 29th Gates has sold 20,000,000 shares, or about $400 million worth of stock!
In a May 12th article we suggested Microsoft use their cash hoard, including the recently raised $3.75 billion from its first debt offering, to buyout Bill Gates. (Since we wrote the article Gates has sold another 6 million shares).
Gates has about 734 million shares of MSFT left. It would cost the company about $14.7 billion to buy out the rest of Mr. Gates holdings
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) Adds 'How-Old' Technology to Bing Image Search Results
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 5/26: (MNST) (TASR) (AEGR) (MSFT)
- Microsoft (MSFT) Updates on Windows 10 Connectivity Capability; Cortana Will Expand to Android, iOS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsider Trades, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!