UPDATE: AIG (AIG) Said Near Deal to Sell Mortgage Insurance Unit to Arch Capital (ACGL)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 15, 2016 1:03 PM EDT)
UPDATE - The report has the deal valued at around $3.4 billion.
An agreement between AIG and Arch Capital could be reached as soon as this week, though talks are still liquid and may not result in a deal.
AIG said earlier this year that it might move to IPO the mortgage insurance unit, known as United Guaranty. The unit has about 20 percent market share in the U.S.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- Coach (COH), Burberry Not in Active Merger Talks - Reuters
- Exclusive: Dick's wins auction for U.S. business of bankrupt Golfsmith - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!