UPDATE: AIG (AIG) Said Near Deal to Sell Mortgage Insurance Unit to Arch Capital (ACGL)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - August 15, 2016 1:03 PM EDT)
UPDATE - The report has the deal valued at around $3.4 billion.
An agreement between AIG and Arch Capital could be reached as soon as this week, though talks are still liquid and may not result in a deal.
AIG said earlier this year that it might move to IPO the mortgage insurance unit, known as United Guaranty. The unit has about 20 percent market share in the U.S.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanchez Energy (SN) in Talks to Partner with Blackstone (BX) on Deal for Anadarko Petroleum (APC) South Texas Assets - DJ
- Concho Resources (CXO), PE Investors Seek Buyer for Pipeline System Alpha Crude Connector - DJ
- Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Said to Mull Selling Washington Unit to JBG Via Spinoff - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!