TrueCar (TRUE) IPO Prices at $9, Below Expected Range
- Greece, China Issues Weigh on Market Psychology
- Aetna (AET) to Acquire Humana (HUM) for $37 Billion, or $230/Share
- Top 10 News for 6/29 - 7/2: Greece's Bark Bites Markets; Tesla's Q2 Sales Outpace; Major Insurance Merger Announced
- Yelp (YELP) Sale Process Said to Stall as CEO Changes Mind
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
TrueCar (Nasdaq: TRUE) announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 7,775,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $9 per share, below the expected $12-$14 range. The shares are expected to begin trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market today under the symbol "TRUE."
Goldman, Sachs & Co. and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. RBC Capital Markets, LLC is also acting as a book-running manager. Cowen and Company, LLC and JMP Securities LLC are acting as co-managers.
TrueCar's mission is to transform the car-buying experience for consumers and the way that dealers attract customers and sell cars. The company has established an intelligent, data-driven online platform operating on a common technology infrastructure, powered by proprietary data and analytics.
During 2013, TrueCar generated revenues of $134.0 million and recorded a net loss of $25.1 million. Of the $134.0 million in revenues, 89% consisted of transaction revenues with the remaining 11% derived primarily from the sale of data and consulting services to the automotive and financial services industries. During the three months ended March 31, 2014, TrueCar generated revenues of $43.9 million and recorded a net loss of $9.9 million. Of the $43.9 million in revenues, 91% consisted of transaction revenues with the remaining 9% derived primarily from the sale of data and consulting services to the automotive and financial services industries. Transaction revenues primarily consist of fees paid to us by their network of TrueCar Certified Dealers under our pay-for-performance business model where they generally earn a fee only when a TrueCar user purchases a car from them.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Moody's Downgrades Greece to 'Caa3'; May be Cut Further (GREK) (NBG)
- Curis (CRIS) Files $200M Common, Preferred Shelf
- CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Files $73M Mixed Securities Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, RBC Capital, JMP Securities, Cowen & Co, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!