NetEase (NTES) Said Looking to Spin-off News Unit
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NetEase (NASDAQ: NTES) shares are on watch amid news that the company might look to spin its news operations in an effort to raise $300 million.
Bloomberg noted that NetEase could conduct an IPO of the unit or an outright sale. The company is said to be in talks with potential buyers and the spinoff is in the early planning stage.
Shares of NetEase are lower early Tuesday following an 8 percent move higher on Monday's session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Said to Weigh Options, Including Bankruptcy
- UPDATE: Citron Research Long Restoration Hardware (RH); Sees 'Pretty Decent' Price Points
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on Watch Amid Rumors Involving Oracle (ORCL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!