Expedia picks banks for Trivago float: sources
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
The logo of global online travel brand Expedia is pictured at the International Tourism Trade Fair (ITB) in Berlin, Germany, March 9, 2016. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Online travel firm Expedia has picked advisors for the planned stock market listing of its Trivago travel search site, sources familiar with the matter said.
Expedia has tasked JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as global coordinators for the initial public offering (IPO) on the U.S.-based Nasdaq, which will likely take place this year or early 2017, the sources said.
Citi, Bank of America and Deutsche Bank are acting as bookrunners, the sources said.
The banks declined to comment or were not immediately available for comment. Expedia was not immediately available to comment.
Expedia Chief Executive Dara Khosrowshahi told investors in July that management and Trivago's founding team had agreed to an IPO to value Trivago as a stand-alone company.
It interviewed banks for potential roles in the IPO earlier this month.
The hotel search platform was founded in 2005 in Duesseldorf, where it remains headquartered, and is one of Germany's most successful start-ups of the past decade.
Expedia said in July that on a trailing 12-month basis Trivago had generated revenue of more than $660 million and that revenue had grown sixfold since it acquired Trivago in 2012.
(Reporting by Arno Schuetze; editing by David Clarke)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Said to Consider $1B Sale of Canadian Wine Business - DJ
- Mortons Restaurant Group (MRT) Pirces 19.93M Common IPO at $12/Share, the Low-End of Expected Range
- Invacare Corp. (IVC) Sells ProBasics Brand
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Reuters, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!