United Technologies (UTX) Announces Election of New Chairman
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The Board of Directors of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) elected Gregory J. Hayes as its chairman, effective immediately. Hayes, 55, will serve as chairman, chief executive officer and president. He succeeds Edward A. Kangas, who has served as non-executive chairman since November 2014. The non-management directors also designated Kangas to serve as the independent lead director, a role he previously served in from April 2013 until his election as non-executive chairman in 2014.
Hayes has been a member of the board, and president and CEO of United Technologies since November 2014. He is a 27-year veteran of the company who served as senior vice president and chief financial officer for six years before being elected president and CEO.
"Greg Hayes has demonstrated strong performance in leading the company. He has streamlined our business portfolio, optimized our organization and positioned the company for sustained long-term growth," Kangas said.
"Ed Kangas has been an outstanding non-executive chairman for our board, providing strong leadership through an important period for our company," Hayes said. "I am honored to be elected chairman and look forward to continue working with Ed as our independent lead director."
Kangas is the former chairman and CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. He has been a member of the United Technologies board since 2008 and serves as chairman of the board's audit committee.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Burlington Stores (BURL) Director Cooper Resigns
- ConAgra Brands (CAG) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; Adds New Board Member
- Dermira (DERM) Announces CIMZIA Phase 3 Met co-Primary Efficacy Endpoints in Certain Plaque Psoriasis