Genco Shipping (GNK) Chair Georgiopoulos Resigns
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE: GNK) announced that Peter C. Georgiopoulos has resigned from his role as Chairman of the Board, effective immediately. Arthur L. Regan has been elected as Interim Executive Chairman.
Mr. Georgiopoulos commented, “With the proposed bank refinancing and equity commitment from major shareholders, I believe Genco is well positioned in a challenging drybulk market. As the Company begins this new chapter, I have decided to pursue other opportunities. I am proud of what our team has accomplished and wish Genco every success in the future.”
Arthur L. Regan has served as a director of Genco since February 17, 2016. Mr. Regan is currently an Operating Partner with Apollo Investment Consulting LLC (together with Apollo Global Management, LLC and its other subsidiaries, “Apollo”). Since 2010, Mr. Regan has been the President, Chief Executive Officer, and a Director of Principal Maritime Management, LLC, a portfolio company of certain funds affiliated with Apollo. Mr. Regan has more than 30 years of experience in the shipping industry in executive roles, including as President and Chief Executive Officer of New York Stock Exchange-listed Arlington Tankers Ltd. from 2004 to 2008. Mr. Regan is a graduate of the State University of New York Maritime College at Fort Schuyler with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Transportation and Management.
Mr. Regan commented, “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Peter for his leadership since Genco’s founding. I look forward to working with management and the Board to position the Company to create long term value.”
John C. Wobensmith, President, commented, “Genco has taken important steps to enhance its financial flexibility and strengthen its ability to operate in a challenging drybulk environment. Genco’s success at achieving this important milestone, combined with its sizeable platform and experienced team, strengthens the Company’s position for capitalizing on long-term trends in the drybulk market.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- CSX Corp. (CSX) Says It Will Actively Evaluate Mantle Ridge's Views, Will Discuss Core Strategy
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!