Barnes & Noble (BKS), CEO Boire Part Ways
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Board of Directors of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) announced the departure of its Chief Executive Officer, Ronald D. Boire. The Board of Directors determined that Mr. Boire was not a good fit for the organization and that it was in the best interests of all parties for him to leave the Company. The Company also said that its Executive Chairman, Leonard Riggio, who was scheduled to retire at the close of the Company’s Annual Meeting on September 14, will postpone his retirement until a later date.
The Company will immediately begin an executive search for a new CEO. Mr. Riggio, along with other members of the executive management team, will assume Mr. Boire’s duties. The Company will continue to execute on its previously announced strategic initiatives.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New York REIT (NYRT), WW Investors Enter Settlement Agreement
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) to Acquire KB9520 Project from Karo Pharma
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!