Adeptus Health (ADPT) CEO Hall Retires Early
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Adeptus Health Inc. (NYSE: ADPT) announced that Gregory W. Scott, who was recently appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors, has been appointed interim Chief Executive Officer effective immediately, following the resignation of Thomas S. Hall. In September, Mr. Hall informed the Board of his plans to retire by mid-2017. Given the recent challenges at the Company, Mr. Hall decided to accelerate his retirement.
Mr. Richard Covert, Vice Chairman of Adeptus Health, said, "In light of the current challenges Adeptus is experiencing, the Board is pleased that Greg has agreed to take on this executive leadership role. Greg's experience in the healthcare industry and his knowledge of Adeptus have already been helpful as we work to fix some of the near-term issues and determine new initiatives to put the company back on the right track. The Board is committed to taking all appropriate steps to ensure we successfully address the issues facing the Company and realize the full potential that we are confident exists, while driving shareholder value."
Mr. Scott said, "I remain a firm believer in Adeptus, in our team, and in the Company's ability to drive value for our shareholders as well as improve access to emergency medical care in the communities we serve. Notwithstanding our recent financial and operational challenges, Adeptus continues to benefit from a unique market opportunity. I am focused on ensuring that we address the challenges that have impacted our results and financial foundation so that Adeptus delivers the growth and returns that we and our stakeholders expect."
Adeptus noted that the previously announced search process for a new Chief Executive Officer is ongoing. The Board has retained Heidrick & Struggles, a leading executive search firm, to assist in the process.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Presents Details of PRO Tool Used in GBT440 HOPE Study
- Sotheby's (BID) Acquires Orion Analytical, Names James Martin as Director of Scientific Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!