Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) is "very close" to announcing one or more asset sales and news could come before or with earnings on November 8th, according to a source.
Potential assets sales include Relistor, Australian unit Inova, dermatology units Obagi Medical and Solta, Provenge, Egyptian unit Amoun Pharma, and/or its Latin American operations.
The company's Bausch + Lomb unit, thought to be a sacred cow, was also put in play after CEO Joe Papa said in September it too could be sold.
Increased government scrutiny on pricing has been a sticking point in several of the sales, the source said.
The asset sales are a long time in the making and come as the company has been seeking to reduce complexity and lower its debt burden amid a sagging stock price and worries about liquidity.
Valeant is working with Goldman Sachs on the sale of several of the assets. Morgan Stanley is said to be assisting on other assets, including dermatology.
Valeant declined to comment.
Shares of Valeant are up 3.7% today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Government to name underwriters for further Japan Post share sale
- CSX Corp. (CSX) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!