Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) is "very close" to announcing one or more asset sales and news could come before or with earnings on November 8th, according to a source.
Potential assets sales include Relistor, Australian unit Inova, dermatology units Obagi Medical and Solta, Provenge, Egyptian unit Amoun Pharma, and/or its Latin American operations.
The company's Bausch + Lomb unit, thought to be a sacred cow, was also put in play after CEO Joe Papa said in September it too could be sold.
Increased government scrutiny on pricing has been a sticking point in several of the sales, the source said.
The asset sales are a long time in the making and come as the company has been seeking to reduce complexity and lower its debt burden amid a sagging stock price and worries about liquidity.
Valeant is working with Goldman Sachs on the sale of several of the assets. Morgan Stanley is said to be assisting on other assets, including dermatology.
Valeant declined to comment.
Shares of Valeant are up 3.7% today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME) Hires Morgan Stanley, BofA to Field Takeover, Partnership - DJ
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!