UPDATE: Viacom (VIAB), CBS Corp. (CBS) Holder National Amusements to Call on Companies to Merge - Reuters
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 11:22 AM EDT)
Controlling shareholder National Amusements is preparing to call on Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB) and CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) to merge, according to Reuters, citing two people familiar with the matter. NAI may contact the companies this week and ask them to form committees to explore the combination.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanchez Energy (SN) in Talks to Partner with Blackstone (BX) on Deal for Anadarko Petroleum (APC) South Texas Assets - DJ
- UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) -Tronc (TRNC) deal still in doubt as banks said to withdraw financing
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Hires Goldman, Others to Fend Off Ackman - Reuters