UPDATE: Viacom (VIAB), CBS Corp. (CBS) Holder National Amusements to Call on Companies to Merge - Reuters
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 11:22 AM EDT)
Controlling shareholder National Amusements is preparing to call on Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB) and CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) to merge, according to Reuters, citing two people familiar with the matter. NAI may contact the companies this week and ask them to form committees to explore the combination.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
- Fiesta Restaurant (FRGI) hires JP Morgan for a sale - DealReporter
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!