UPDATE: Viacom (VIAB), CBS Corp. (CBS) Holder National Amusements to Call on Companies to Merge - Reuters
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 11:22 AM EDT)
Controlling shareholder National Amusements is preparing to call on Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB) and CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) to merge, according to Reuters, citing two people familiar with the matter. NAI may contact the companies this week and ask them to form committees to explore the combination.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- British American Tobacco (BTI) volatility flat into buying Reynolds American (RAI) for $49.4B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!