UPDATE: Viacom (VIAB), CBS Corp. (CBS) Holder National Amusements to Call on Companies to Merge - Reuters
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 11:22 AM EDT)
Controlling shareholder National Amusements is preparing to call on Viacom (Nasdaq: VIAB) and CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) to merge, according to Reuters, citing two people familiar with the matter. NAI may contact the companies this week and ask them to form committees to explore the combination.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanchez Energy (SN) in Talks to Partner with Blackstone (BX) on Deal for Anadarko Petroleum (APC) South Texas Assets - DJ
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
- UPDATE: Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) Said in Talks to Buy Bai Brands - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!