UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP (NXPI) Less Than 10% Apart on Price - Bloomberg
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 6, 2016 2:11 PM EDT)
Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) is making progress toward an agreement to acquire NXP Semiconductors (Nasdaq: NXPI), according to Bloomberg sources. Qualcomm is the only company in talks to acquire NXP and there is a valuation gap of less than 10%, the report said. Qualcomm may structure the deal as 75% cash and 25% stock, though NXP would prefer all cash.
NXP is pushing for $120 per share, while Qualcomm is targeting a price closer to $110.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Pares Gains; Making No New Effort to Sell Itself - Reuters
- Saudi Central bank System said to be hit by Iranian malware - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!