UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP (NXPI) Less Than 10% Apart on Price - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 6, 2016 2:11 PM EDT)
Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) is making progress toward an agreement to acquire NXP Semiconductors (Nasdaq: NXPI), according to Bloomberg sources. Qualcomm is the only company in talks to acquire NXP and there is a valuation gap of less than 10%, the report said. Qualcomm may structure the deal as 75% cash and 25% stock, though NXP would prefer all cash.
NXP is pushing for $120 per share, while Qualcomm is targeting a price closer to $110.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- Microsemi (MSCC) Said Exploring Potential Sale - Source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!