UPDATE: Onex in Lead to Acquire SUPERVALU's (SVU) Save-A-Lot - Reuters
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 29, 2016 10:59 AM EDT)
Private equity firm Onex corp. made the best offer in an auction to acquire Supervalu's (NYSE: SVU) Save-A-Lot, according to Reuters, citing people familiar. The price couldn't be learned but Save-A-Lot could be valued at $1.8 billion, the report said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to Acquire SimpliVity for $650M
- Crown Castle (CCI) Completes Acquisition of FiberNet
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!