UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) Said in Talks to Acquire tronc (TRNC) for $18.50-$19/Share - Bloomberg
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 1:50 PM EDT)
Gannett (NYSE: GCI) and tronc (NASDAQ: TRNC) have bridged a valuation gap but are still hamming out the details of a potential transaction, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the situation. Gannett is said to be in talks to acquire tronc for $18.50-$19 per share, though a final agreement hasn't been reach and an announcement isn't imminent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Announces Completion of Raptor Pharma (RPTP) Acquisition
- Access National (ANCX) to Acquire Middleburg Financial (MBRG) in ~$233M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!