UPDATE: FTC said to reject Sherwin-Williams' (SHW) acquisition of Valspar Corp. (VAL) - NY Post
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 28, 2016 11:43 AM EDT)
UPDATE - The report notes that the Federal Trade Commission is unhappy with concessions put forth by Sherwin-Williams to close the deal.
One sources noted that there would need to be "significant" divestitures made to appease antitrust officials.
Many still expected that an agreement will be reached and a deal will be approved, though circumstances remain unclear.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Reinstates Sherwin-Williams (SHW) at Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!