UPDATE: Bayer Said to Make Improved $129/Share Bid for Monsanto (MON) - Bloomberg
- Wall St. slips on President Trump's protectionist views
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative - Bloomberg
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 13, 2016 2:30 PM EDT)
Bayer is proposing increasing its offer to acquire Monsanto (NYSE: MON) to $129 per share, according to Bloomberg sources. The breakup fee will double to about $3 billion.
Monsanto's board will meet Tuesday to discuss the proposal, and Bayer's board will meet Wednesday to approve the deal. An announcement could come shortly thereafter, the report said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ixia (XXIA) Said to Get Buyout Interest from Thoma Bravo, Silver Lake, Vista - Bloomberg
- AMC Entertainment (AMC) to Acquire Nordic Cinema Group for $929M
- Conde Nast said to be 'quietly' exploring a sale - WWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!