Twitter (TWTR) Sinks on Report Google (GOOGL) Won't Bid
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
According to sources close to the situation, Google does not currently plan to make a bid for Twitter. While the search giant has been among the buyers considered most likely to be a contender for the social communications company, those familiar with the deal said that the company was not moving forward with an effort to buy it at this time.
The report also said Apple was unlikely to be a suitor and Disney is "not going to make an offer."
With Google, Apple and Disney out, this leaves salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) among others possible bidders.
Bidding is said to start this week and, according to reports late Wednesday, the company hopes to complete the sale process by the end of the month.
Shares of Twitter last traded down 13% to $21.60.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pacific Crest Resumes Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) at Sector Weight
- Exclusive: Aon nears $4.5 billion sale of benefits outsourcing unit - sources
- UPDATE: Federal Judge to Block Anthem (ANTM), Cigna Corp. (CI) Merger - NYP