Twitter (TWTR) Moves Closer to a Sale - CNBC
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 23, 2016 9:05 AM EDT)
Twitter (NASDAQ: TWTR) is moving closer to sale, and has received expressions of interest, CNBC's David Faber reports. However, he said no sale is imminent.
Twitter has been in the rumor mill essentially since it went public in 2013 and today's report of a sale comes as fundamentals at the social media company continue to weaken. Overnight, RBC Capital downgraded Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) from Sector Perform to Underperform with a price target of $14.00 (from $17.00), saying the value proposition to advertisers could be waning, based on their recent advertiser survey data.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- salesforce.com's (CRM) M&A 'Target List' Included Adobe (ADBE), Pegasystems (PEGA), ServiceNow (NOW), and Tableau (DATA) - WSJ
- Reynolds American (RAI) Affirms Receipt of British American Tobacco (BTI) Offer; Will Evaluate
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDavid Faber, RBC Capital, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!