Tesla (TSLA) Shareholders Approve SolarCity (SCTY) Merger
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Tesla shareholders voted "overwhelmingly" in favor of the deal. 85 percent of unaffiliated shareholders voted in favor of the merger.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk promised to bring solar power roofs to Tesla vehicles using SolarCity technology. "Your faith will be rewarded," Musk told investors.
Under the agreement, announced in August, SolarCity stockholders will receive 0.110 Tesla common shares per SolarCity share they own.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo was positive on the merger. In a note to clients Friday he said while controversial they see potential long-term benefits as Tesla has identified growth opportunities, including solar roof and complete energy systems. Also SolarCity is shifting toward cash sales and to become less reliant on capital markets. He said the approval should remove an overhang in Tesla stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Weakens as CEO Retirement Said to Hint That Sale is Off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!