TPG Capital Said Willing to Pay Up to $15 Per Share to Acquire Cypress (CY) - Source
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Private equity firm TPG Capital is interested in acquiring San Jose-based Cypress Semiconductor (NYSE: CY), according to a source claiming to have knowledge of the matter. The person said the buyout firm indicated that it would be willing to pay up to $15 per share to take Cypress private. The status of takeover discussion wasn't made available.
Cypress has generally been viewed as a likely takeout candidate given consolidation in the semiconductor space. Several months ago, rumors surfaced that Summmitview Capital, a Chinese private equity firm, was interested in the semiconductor manufacturer. A separate report from Betaville suggested that the company was working with Goldman Sachs to gauge interest. The article said a total of three private equity firms expressed interested in Cypress.
On August 11, Cypress named Hassane El-Khoury, an internal candidate, as its new president and CEO. Ray Bingham, the company’s Executive Chairman, said, "The goal of our comprehensive internal and external executive search was to identify a CEO who would drive the transformation of Cypress, expand our leadership position in embedded systems and enhance our focus on revenue and earnings growth and long-term shareholder value."
At the time, some traders speculated that the timing of the CEO change and Bingham’s comments were a sign that the company isn’t near an agreement to be acquired.
Representatives for Cypress Semiconductor declined to comment when asked about the rumors. Representatives for TPG couldn't be reached.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- General Electric (GE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.3% to $.24; 3.1% Yield
- DuPont (DD) CEO says 'very far down the road' in Dow Chemical (DOW) deal - Retuers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Rumors
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!