Sanofi (SNY) and Pfizer (PFE) Face Competition from German Bidder in Struggle for Medivation (MDVN) - Source
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Medivation's (Nasdaq: MDVN) competitive sale process is nearing its final stages, according to a source claiming to have knowledge of the matter. So far the San Francisco-based maker of XTANDI has received an offer from Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) and an improved offer from Sanofi (NYSE: SNY). The source also stated that a German drug company has entered the fray and plans to make a bid ahead of an upcoming deadline. The name of third bidder wasn't made known at this time.
The status of potential bids from Gilead (Nasdaq: GILD) and Celgene (Nasdaq: CELG), two companies mentioned as interested parties in previous media reports, wasn't discussed. Tomorrow is the deadline to submit an indication of interest.
Shares of Medivation last traded up 0.4% to $64.25.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concho Resources (CXO), PE Investors Seek Buyer for Pipeline System Alpha Crude Connector - DJ
- American Midstream Partners (AMID), JP Energy Partners (JPEP) Enter ~$2B Merger Agreement
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!