Sanofi (SNY) and Pfizer (PFE) Face Competition from German Bidder in Struggle for Medivation (MDVN) - Source
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Medivation's (Nasdaq: MDVN) competitive sale process is nearing its final stages, according to a source claiming to have knowledge of the matter. So far the San Francisco-based maker of XTANDI has received an offer from Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) and an improved offer from Sanofi (NYSE: SNY). The source also stated that a German drug company has entered the fray and plans to make a bid ahead of an upcoming deadline. The name of third bidder wasn't made known at this time.
The status of potential bids from Gilead (Nasdaq: GILD) and Celgene (Nasdaq: CELG), two companies mentioned as interested parties in previous media reports, wasn't discussed. Tomorrow is the deadline to submit an indication of interest.
Shares of Medivation last traded up 0.4% to $64.25.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsemi (MSCC) Said Exploring Potential Sale - Source
- Exclusive: Dick's wins auction for U.S. business of bankrupt Golfsmith - sources
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Shares Pop Higher Amid Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!