Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wisconsin-based Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) has attracted interest from France's Schneider Electric, according to a source claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Schneider Electric is said to be preparing a takeover proposal that would value the assembly-line components maker at $18 billion.
The deal's size would make a potential merger one of the largest in the industrial sector this year.
Rumors about a takeover of Rockwell have been in hibernation for a few years, but they aren't necessary new. With relatively little debt and strong free cash flow, Rockwell has long been considered a target. Whether the company would be a willing seller and at what price may be another matter.
Representatives for Rockwell Automation and Schneider Electric haven't responded to a request to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Targa Resources (TRGP) Said in Talks to Buy Outrigger Energy - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!