Qualcomm (QCOM), Xilinx (XLNX) Held Talks Earlier this Year; Talks Didn't Progress - Bloomberg (NXPI)
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 11:39 AM EDT)
Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) held early talks with several potential targets, including NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar. Qualcomm also considered a handful of other large acquisitions in recent month and held preliminary talks with Xilinx (Nasdaq: XLNX) earlier this year.
The report said Xilinx talks didn't progress, and there is no guarantee Qualcomm will proceed with any prospective deal now.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- Prudential Financial (PRU) seeks buyers for annuity business - FT
- Pandora (P) Pares Gains; Making No New Effort to Sell Itself - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!