Qualcomm (QCOM), Xilinx (XLNX) Held Talks Earlier this Year; Talks Didn't Progress - Bloomberg (NXPI)
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 11:39 AM EDT)
Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) held early talks with several potential targets, including NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar. Qualcomm also considered a handful of other large acquisitions in recent month and held preliminary talks with Xilinx (Nasdaq: XLNX) earlier this year.
The report said Xilinx talks didn't progress, and there is no guarantee Qualcomm will proceed with any prospective deal now.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- Rubicon Project (RUBI) to Explore Strategic Options, Including Sale - DJ
- FTC Suit Against Qualcomm (QCOM) Filed in San Jose Federal Court - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!