Michael Kors (KORS) Said in Talks to Merge with LVMH - Source
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
European conglomerate Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, or LVMH, is in discussions to acquire UK-based luxury brand Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS), according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Societe Generale is said to be advising LVMH on the potential bid.
Further details about the transaction, including price, weren't made known.
Rumors surrounding Michael Kors have intensified in recent weeks following several unconfirmed takeover rumors. On Monday a Betaville journalist told Tip TV that an announcement could come as soon as this week. While that now appears unlikely, options traders buzzed about highly unusually activity today in November 55 calls. If these bets are on the mark, an announcement could indeed come sooner rather than later.
Representatives from LVMH and Michael Kors didn't respond to requests to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Cummins (CMI) to Explore Sale of Filtration Business - Reuters
- New Oriental Education (EDU) Declines; Standards Council to Investigate - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!