Michael Kors (KORS) Said in Talks to Merge with LVMH - Source
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
European conglomerate Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, or LVMH, is in discussions to acquire UK-based luxury brand Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS), according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Societe Generale is said to be advising LVMH on the potential bid.
Further details about the transaction, including price, weren't made known.
Rumors surrounding Michael Kors have intensified in recent weeks following several unconfirmed takeover rumors. On Monday a Betaville journalist told Tip TV that an announcement could come as soon as this week. While that now appears unlikely, options traders buzzed about highly unusually activity today in November 55 calls. If these bets are on the mark, an announcement could indeed come sooner rather than later.
Representatives from LVMH and Michael Kors didn't respond to requests to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!