Michael Kors (KORS) Said in Talks to Merge with LVMH - Source
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
European conglomerate Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, or LVMH, is in discussions to acquire UK-based luxury brand Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS), according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Societe Generale is said to be advising LVMH on the potential bid.
Further details about the transaction, including price, weren't made known.
Rumors surrounding Michael Kors have intensified in recent weeks following several unconfirmed takeover rumors. On Monday a Betaville journalist told Tip TV that an announcement could come as soon as this week. While that now appears unlikely, options traders buzzed about highly unusually activity today in November 55 calls. If these bets are on the mark, an announcement could indeed come sooner rather than later.
Representatives from LVMH and Michael Kors didn't respond to requests to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!