Mentor Graphics (MENT) Hires Advisor to Review Alternatives, Including Sale - Source
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) has hired a financial advisor to review strategic alternatives, including a possible sale, amid pressure from activist investor Elliott Management, according to a source.
In late September, Elliott disclosed an 8.1% activist stake in Mentor, saying the shares were undervalued.
One idea that is being floated is another go at a tie-up with Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS).
In 2008, Cadence Design made a $16/share offer to acquire Mentor Graphics but later withdrew the offer as Mentor was unwilling to engage in 'substantive discussions'.
Neither Mentor or Elliott have responded to questions about the potential sale.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM), Three Gorges Said to Weigh Bids for Odebrecht Plant - Bloomberg
- Microsemi (MSCC) Said Exploring Potential Sale - Source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!