Mentor Graphics (MENT) Hires Advisor to Review Alternatives, Including Sale - Source
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ: MENT) has hired a financial advisor to review strategic alternatives, including a possible sale, amid pressure from activist investor Elliott Management, according to a source.
In late September, Elliott disclosed an 8.1% activist stake in Mentor, saying the shares were undervalued.
One idea that is being floated is another go at a tie-up with Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS).
In 2008, Cadence Design made a $16/share offer to acquire Mentor Graphics but later withdrew the offer as Mentor was unwilling to engage in 'substantive discussions'.
Neither Mentor or Elliott have responded to questions about the potential sale.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Cummins (CMI) to Explore Sale of Filtration Business - Reuters
- Fiesta Restaurant (FRGI) hires JP Morgan for a sale - DealReporter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!