Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Approaches Actelion About a Takeover
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) has approached Actelion Ltd. (OTC: ALIOY) about a takeover, Bloomberg reported on Thursday. The story follows a StreetInsider report on Wednesday that the Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company attracted takeover interest from a major U.S.-based pharmaceutical company (JNJ was mentioned as a possible suitor).
Actelion has an enterprise value of over $17 billion, and if it agreed to be acquired before the end of the year it would be among the largest pharma deals of 2016.
The talks are said to be in the early states following Johnson & Johnson's initial offer and may not lead to a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- Aon plc (AON) Ticks Higher on Plans to Sell Benefits Outsourcing Unit
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!