Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Approaches Actelion About a Takeover
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) has approached Actelion Ltd. (OTC: ALIOY) about a takeover, Bloomberg reported on Thursday. The story follows a StreetInsider report on Wednesday that the Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company attracted takeover interest from a major U.S.-based pharmaceutical company (JNJ was mentioned as a possible suitor).
Actelion has an enterprise value of over $17 billion, and if it agreed to be acquired before the end of the year it would be among the largest pharma deals of 2016.
The talks are said to be in the early states following Johnson & Johnson's initial offer and may not lead to a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Japan's TDK in Talks to Buy InvenSense (INVN) - Reuters
- MSC Software draws takeover interest from Apax, Advent - Bloomberg
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!