Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Approaches Actelion About a Takeover
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) has approached Actelion Ltd. (OTC: ALIOY) about a takeover, Bloomberg reported on Thursday. The story follows a StreetInsider report on Wednesday that the Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company attracted takeover interest from a major U.S.-based pharmaceutical company (JNJ was mentioned as a possible suitor).
Actelion has an enterprise value of over $17 billion, and if it agreed to be acquired before the end of the year it would be among the largest pharma deals of 2016.
The talks are said to be in the early states following Johnson & Johnson's initial offer and may not lead to a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Janssen Announces Encouraging Data from IMBRUVICA Phase 2 in cGVHD
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!