GE (GE) Downplays Varian (VAR) Takeover Rumors
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
A spokesperson for GE (NYSE: GE), in an email exchange, downplayed speculation that it is in takeover discussions with Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR). The GE spokesperson claimed to know nothing about the takeover and said, "This is a rumor."
Earlier Spanish language website Intereconomia said the two were in advanced takeover discussions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- MSC Software draws takeover interest from Apax, Advent - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!