Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Wall St. opens lower amid Trump, Brexit uncertainty
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 1:54 PM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) is working with a financial adviser to evaluate a possible bid for Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. The report said Twitter started a process to evaluate a potential sale after receiving inbound interest.
Sources also told Bloomberg that salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is working with Bank of America as it considers making an offer.
On Friday, reports surfaced that salesforce and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) were potentially interested in buying Twitter.
Notably, Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey has been a director at Disney since 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Neutral
- Rubicon Project (RUBI) to Explore Strategic Options, Including Sale - DJ
- Stocks with call price movement; BAC GDX
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!