Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 1:54 PM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) is working with a financial adviser to evaluate a possible bid for Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. The report said Twitter started a process to evaluate a potential sale after receiving inbound interest.
Sources also told Bloomberg that salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is working with Bank of America as it considers making an offer.
On Friday, reports surfaced that salesforce and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) were potentially interested in buying Twitter.
Notably, Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey has been a director at Disney since 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) CEO Dorsey declines to comment on sale rumors; says board focused on creating value - Bloomberg
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!