Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 1:54 PM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) is working with a financial adviser to evaluate a possible bid for Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. The report said Twitter started a process to evaluate a potential sale after receiving inbound interest.
Sources also told Bloomberg that salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is working with Bank of America as it considers making an offer.
On Friday, reports surfaced that salesforce and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) were potentially interested in buying Twitter.
Notably, Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey has been a director at Disney since 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) CEO Dorsey declines to comment on sale rumors; says board focused on creating value - Bloomberg
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Actives: AAPL TWTR TSLA BMY BAC AKS NXPI QCOM CELG NFLX FB CLF GRPN F
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!