Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 26, 2016 1:54 PM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) is working with a financial adviser to evaluate a possible bid for Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. The report said Twitter started a process to evaluate a potential sale after receiving inbound interest.
Sources also told Bloomberg that salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is working with Bank of America as it considers making an offer.
On Friday, reports surfaced that salesforce and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) were potentially interested in buying Twitter.
Notably, Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey has been a director at Disney since 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) calls active on sharp rally
- Cyber-Security Stocks Push to Highs on Continued Widespread Internet Problems
- EQT Equity Completes Press Ganey (PGND) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!