Depomed (DEPO) to Seek a Sale - Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Depomed (Nasdaq: DEPO) is up sharply in pre-open trade (+12.9%) following reports from Reuters the company is preparing to sell itself amid pressure from activist investor Starboard Value LP.
Negotiations with potential buyers are expected to start after the company receives a court decision clarifying the patent exclusivity of Nucynta, which is expected by month end.
The company is working with Morgan Stanley, which last year helped the company rebuff a $3 billion unsolicited stock-for-stock offer from Horizon Pharma Plc (Nasdaq: HZNP).
A separate report from the New York Post said the company has already rebuffed an offer KKR-backed Arbor Pharmaceuticals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
- TheStreetSweeper Cautious on Ingram Micro (IM)
- Starboard Said to Push Rockwell Collins (COL) to Reconsider B/E (BEAV) Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Starboard Value, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!