Depomed (DEPO) to Seek a Sale - Report
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Depomed (Nasdaq: DEPO) is up sharply in pre-open trade (+12.9%) following reports from Reuters the company is preparing to sell itself amid pressure from activist investor Starboard Value LP.
Negotiations with potential buyers are expected to start after the company receives a court decision clarifying the patent exclusivity of Nucynta, which is expected by month end.
The company is working with Morgan Stanley, which last year helped the company rebuff a $3 billion unsolicited stock-for-stock offer from Horizon Pharma Plc (Nasdaq: HZNP).
A separate report from the New York Post said the company has already rebuffed an offer KKR-backed Arbor Pharmaceuticals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- Apple (AAPL) said unlikely to bid for Time Warner (TWX) - Bloomberg
- Qualcomm (QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) agreed on $110/sh deal - CBNC's Faber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Starboard Value, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!