Depomed (DEPO) to Seek a Sale - Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Depomed (Nasdaq: DEPO) is up sharply in pre-open trade (+12.9%) following reports from Reuters the company is preparing to sell itself amid pressure from activist investor Starboard Value LP.
Negotiations with potential buyers are expected to start after the company receives a court decision clarifying the patent exclusivity of Nucynta, which is expected by month end.
The company is working with Morgan Stanley, which last year helped the company rebuff a $3 billion unsolicited stock-for-stock offer from Horizon Pharma Plc (Nasdaq: HZNP).
A separate report from the New York Post said the company has already rebuffed an offer KKR-backed Arbor Pharmaceuticals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg
- DuPont (DD), Dow Chemical (DOW) Said to Face EU Concerns Over Research Spending - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Japan's TDK in Talks to Buy InvenSense (INVN) - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Starboard Value, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!