Depomed (DEPO) to Seek a Sale - Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Depomed (Nasdaq: DEPO) is up sharply in pre-open trade (+12.9%) following reports from Reuters the company is preparing to sell itself amid pressure from activist investor Starboard Value LP.
Negotiations with potential buyers are expected to start after the company receives a court decision clarifying the patent exclusivity of Nucynta, which is expected by month end.
The company is working with Morgan Stanley, which last year helped the company rebuff a $3 billion unsolicited stock-for-stock offer from Horizon Pharma Plc (Nasdaq: HZNP).
A separate report from the New York Post said the company has already rebuffed an offer KKR-backed Arbor Pharmaceuticals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/20: (SWKS) (EMES) (CF) Higher; (PSTI) (AFMD) (BMY) Lower (more...)
- Fairfax may sell 25 percent of India's ICICI Lombard in up to $1 billion deal: sources
- Exclusive: Aon nears $4.5 billion sale of benefits outsourcing unit - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Starboard Value, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!