Depomed (DEPO) to Seek a Sale - Report
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Oil rises on weaker dollar, Saudi commitment to cut output
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Depomed (Nasdaq: DEPO) is up sharply in pre-open trade (+12.9%) following reports from Reuters the company is preparing to sell itself amid pressure from activist investor Starboard Value LP.
Negotiations with potential buyers are expected to start after the company receives a court decision clarifying the patent exclusivity of Nucynta, which is expected by month end.
The company is working with Morgan Stanley, which last year helped the company rebuff a $3 billion unsolicited stock-for-stock offer from Horizon Pharma Plc (Nasdaq: HZNP).
A separate report from the New York Post said the company has already rebuffed an offer KKR-backed Arbor Pharmaceuticals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) to Equalweight
- Morgan Stanley (MS) laid off high number of senior investment bankers last week than in years past - Reuters, citing sources
- ClubCorp Holdings (MYCC) Exploring a Sale; Auction in Early Stages - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Starboard Value, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!