Community Health Systems (CYH) Said Exploring Options, Including Possible Sale
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 3:55 PM EDT)
Community Health Systems (NYSE: CYH) said exploring options, including sale, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Community Health has been working with advisors on a potential deal, though talks are said to be in an early stage and there's no certainty that a deal will get done.
Community Health last carried a market value of around $1.26 billion.
Speculation of what companies might be interested in CYH wasn't available.
Shares of Community Health are up over 13 percent amid the news.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- GoPro (GPRO) Said to Cancel Out of Conference - Chatter
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!