Community Health Systems (CYH) Said Exploring Options, Including Possible Sale
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 3:55 PM EDT)
Community Health Systems (NYSE: CYH) said exploring options, including sale, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Community Health has been working with advisors on a potential deal, though talks are said to be in an early stage and there's no certainty that a deal will get done.
Community Health last carried a market value of around $1.26 billion.
Speculation of what companies might be interested in CYH wasn't available.
Shares of Community Health are up over 13 percent amid the news.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- CenturyLink (CTL) options swept up on WSJ report of advanced merger talks with Level 3 (LVLT)
- UPDATE: KKR & Co. (KKR) said to be investor in Netscout Systems (NTCT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!