Community Health Systems (CYH) Said Exploring Options, Including Possible Sale
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 3:55 PM EDT)
Community Health Systems (NYSE: CYH) said exploring options, including sale, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Community Health has been working with advisors on a potential deal, though talks are said to be in an early stage and there's no certainty that a deal will get done.
Community Health last carried a market value of around $1.26 billion.
Speculation of what companies might be interested in CYH wasn't available.
Shares of Community Health are up over 13 percent amid the news.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Community Health Systems (CYH) Divests Four Rural Hospitals
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Xilinx (XLNX) Held Talks Earlier this Year; Talks Didn't Progress - Bloomberg (NXPI)
- Celgene (CELG) Said to Acquire Swiss Biotech in $600M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!