Community Health Systems (CYH) Said Exploring Options, Including Possible Sale
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 3:55 PM EDT)
Community Health Systems (NYSE: CYH) said exploring options, including sale, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Community Health has been working with advisors on a potential deal, though talks are said to be in an early stage and there's no certainty that a deal will get done.
Community Health last carried a market value of around $1.26 billion.
Speculation of what companies might be interested in CYH wasn't available.
Shares of Community Health are up over 13 percent amid the news.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
- Pandora (P) Pares Gains; Making No New Effort to Sell Itself - Reuters
- Obama Poised to Block Chinese Takeover of Aixtron SE (AIXG) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!