Agrium (AGU), PotashCorp (POT) Said in Merger Talks
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 30, 2016 9:56 AM EDT)
UPDATE - An announcement could be made as soon as next week, although nothing has been finalized and talks may fall apart before an agreement is reached.
No price or terms were speculated
Potash last carried a market cap of around $13.6 billion, while Agrium was at $12.5 billion ahead of today's speculation.
Of note, in 2010 Canada blocked a deal for BHP (NYSE: BHP) to acquire Potash. That said, with Agrium and Potash both being headquartered in Canada, regulators in the country may be more open to green-lighting a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Providence Service (PRSC) to Sell Majority Stake in Matrix Medical Network
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPotashCorp/BHP, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!