Agrium (AGU), PotashCorp (POT) Said in Merger Talks
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 30, 2016 9:56 AM EDT)
UPDATE - An announcement could be made as soon as next week, although nothing has been finalized and talks may fall apart before an agreement is reached.
No price or terms were speculated
Potash last carried a market cap of around $13.6 billion, while Agrium was at $12.5 billion ahead of today's speculation.
Of note, in 2010 Canada blocked a deal for BHP (NYSE: BHP) to acquire Potash. That said, with Agrium and Potash both being headquartered in Canada, regulators in the country may be more open to green-lighting a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- PotashCorp Prices Offering of US $500 Million of 10-Year Notes
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPotashCorp/BHP, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!