Agrium (AGU), PotashCorp (POT) Said in Merger Talks
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 30, 2016 9:56 AM EDT)
UPDATE - An announcement could be made as soon as next week, although nothing has been finalized and talks may fall apart before an agreement is reached.
No price or terms were speculated
Potash last carried a market cap of around $13.6 billion, while Agrium was at $12.5 billion ahead of today's speculation.
Of note, in 2010 Canada blocked a deal for BHP (NYSE: BHP) to acquire Potash. That said, with Agrium and Potash both being headquartered in Canada, regulators in the country may be more open to green-lighting a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPotashCorp/BHP, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!