Actelion (ALIOY) Said to Attract Takeover Interest - Source
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Switzerland-based Actelion has attracted takeover interest, according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. The source hinted that the mystery buyer is likely a major U.S.-based pharmaceutical company, but he wouldn't reveal the bidder’s name or the offer price. The ADR's of Actelion trade thinly in the U.S. under the ticker symbol (OTC: ALIOY).
Actelion has an enterprise value of over $16 billion, and if it agreed to be acquired before the end of the year it would be among the largest pharma deals of 2016.
New Jersey-based Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) and Paris-based Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) were previously mentioned as potential suitors for the Swiss drug company, but Actelion management has in the past been quick to downplay the idea that it’s a takeover target.
"If we want to continue to create shareholder value, the best for us is to remain independent," Actelion's CEO Jean-Paul Clozel told Bloomberg during an interview in April, days after a rumor surfaced.
Actelion, Johnson & Johnson, and Sanofi didn't respond to requests to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- Linde Chairman Said to Pitch Praxair's (PX) Merger Proposal to Board - Bloomberg
- Exclusive: Novartis in talks to sell some central nervous system drugs - sources