AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 20, 2016 3:43 PM EDT)
UPDATE - Executives from both sides have met in recent weeks to discussion business strategies, which may include a possible merger.
Talks are currently informal and are mainly focused on building a relationship between the two corporations. Neither has hired a financial advisor as of yet.
Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes is said to be a willing seller, sources noted. The company rejected an $85/share bid from 21st Century Fox in 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- Exclusive: Aon nears $4.5 billion sale of benefits outsourcing unit - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!