AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 20, 2016 3:43 PM EDT)
UPDATE - Executives from both sides have met in recent weeks to discussion business strategies, which may include a possible merger.
Talks are currently informal and are mainly focused on building a relationship between the two corporations. Neither has hired a financial advisor as of yet.
Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes is said to be a willing seller, sources noted. The company rejected an $85/share bid from 21st Century Fox in 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Weakens as CEO Retirement Said to Hint That Sale is Off
- Aetna (AET) plan to fix Humana (HUM) deal with Molina sale 'inadequate' - Bloomberg, citing regulators
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!