Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook Sells ~$65M in Stock, or 38% of His Holdings
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
According to a filing after the close, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook sold 269,883 shares of Apple stock from 08/29-08/31 at prices from $105.95-$107.37. This was on top of the 334,000 shares he sold from 08/25-08/26 at prices from $107.21-$107.73.
The total number of shares sold by Mr. Cook over the past few days was 603,883 and the dollar amount of the sales was about $64.5 million.
All transactions were made pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted on May 16, 2016 and followed vesting of 1,260,000 in RSUs on August 24th.
Following the vesting, Mr. Cook held 2,299,809 shares of Apple stock. He now holds 1,039,809 shares worth $110.6 million.
656,117 shares following the vesting were withheld by Apple to satisfy the minimum statutory tax withholding requirements on vesting of RSUs. After the tax withholding, Cook held 1,643,692 shares before the stock sales, meaning Mr. Cook sold 38% of his stock in the recent transactions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) volatility at low end of range into Holiday shopping season
- UPDATE: DryShips (DRYS) Insider Buys 100K Shares
- Cyber Monday sales biggest online shopping day in U.S. history
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Insider Trades, Insider Trades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!