Virgin America Files for U.S. IPO
- Wall Street propped up by tech, discretionary stocks
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent on fading hopes for output deal in Algiers
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/27: (GI) (KITE) (INFI) Higher; (NAT) (SXL) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Virgin America Inc, filed with the U.S. SEC for an IPO of its Common Stock. The proposed maximum offering price is $115 million.
The offering is being made via Deutsche Bank and Barclays.
For 2013, we recorded operating revenues of $1.4 billion, operating income of $80.9 million and net income of $10.1 million. We increased our RASM in 2013 by 9.3% compared to 2012, the largest increase of any major U.S. airline. Furthermore, our CASM of 10.98 cents increased by only 0.7% and remained one of the lowest of all U.S. airlines in 2013. We completed a recapitalization of a majority of our operating lease and debt obligations in May 2013, leading to a $34.7 million decline in aircraft rent expense and a $44.8 million decline in interest expense for 2013 compared to 2012. As a result of our RASM increase and the reduction in rent and interest expense, our financial performance improved from a net loss of $145.4 million in 2012 to net income of $10.1 million in 2013. In 2014, we had a net loss of $22.4 million in the first quarter, which is typically our seasonally weakest quarter, compared to a net loss of $46.4 million in the first quarter of 2013. Our RASM in the first quarter of 2014 increased by 0.9% from the prior year period, while our CASM in the first quarter of 2014 increased by only 0.2% from the prior year period.
Virgin America is a premium-branded, low-cost airline based in California that provides scheduled air travel in the continental United States and Mexico. The company operates primarily from our focus cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco to other major business and leisure destinations in North America.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WebMD Health (WBMD) Names Blake DeSimone CFO; Sees Q3, FY Results at High End of Guidance
- Rice Energy (RICE) Announces 40M Share Common Stock Offeing
- OncoCyte (OCX) Files 6.49M Common Stock Shelf for Selling Shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot IPOs, IPOs
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Barclays, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!