El Pollo Loco (LOCO) Briefly Becomes Top IPO for 2014
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/19: (PETX) (APP) (CERS) (RHT) Higher; (IMGN) (TNK) (NQ) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Prices Upsized Offering at $24, Above Expected Range
- MetLife (MET) Designated as Systemically Important Financial Institution; Issues Statement
Last Friday's IPO for El Pollo Loco (NASDAQ: LOCO) continues to surge higher, dumbfounding onlookers. Shares hit an intra-day high of $32.82 moments ago, making it the top performing IPO of 2014 before paring gains, according to IPO Insider.
Pricing at $15, shares were up as much as 117%, outperforming 2014 IPO favorites like Energous Corporation (NASDAQ: WATT) (+116%), Zoe's Kitchen (NASDAQ: ZOES) (+114%) and GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRO) (+76%).
Shares of El Pollo Loco have since backed down to $29.74, up 24%. The market cap at this price is about $1 billion.
El Pollo Loco is a differentiated and growing restaurant concept that specializes in fire-grilling citrus-marinated chicken in front of its customers. The company posted revenue of $314.7 million in 2013, while posting a pro-forma profit of $0.22. In the first quarter of 2014 the company posted revenue of $81.4 million and a pro-forma profit of $0.22/share. The company posted adjusted EBTIDA of $55 million in 2013 and $14.9 million in the first quarter of 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
- UPDATE: FOMC Says it Can be 'Patient' in Approach to Raising Rates
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (BLCM) IPO Opens Up 29%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot IPOs, IPOs, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!