Staples (SPLS) Names New CEO
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) announced the appointment of Shira Goodman as its President and Chief Executive Officer and as a member of its Board of Directors, effective immediately.
“After a comprehensive search process that included the evaluation of several qualified candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer, the Board has approved Shira’s appointment. This decision was not only based on her long tenure and deep understanding of our industry, but also on the leadership qualities she has demonstrated while serving as interim Chief Executive Officer,” said Robert Sulentic, Independent Lead Director. “Having joined Staples in 1992, Shira has a thorough understanding of our customers and operations which she combines with the outside-in thinking critical to competing in today’s marketplace.”
During her career at Staples, Ms. Goodman has served in key leadership positions, including President, North American Operations; President, North American Commercial; Executive Vice President of Global Growth; Executive Vice President of Human Resources, and Executive Vice President of Marketing. Ms. Goodman was appointed interim Chief Executive Officer in May 2016.
“I am both honored and excited to become the Chief Executive Officer of Staples,” said Ms. Goodman. “I am committed to executing our Staples 20/20 strategy which is focused on accelerating growth with mid-market customers in North America and building on our momentum with products and services beyond office supplies. We have an incredible team of dedicated associates and I am proud to lead them as we transform our company and create long term shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- American Midstream Partners (AMID), JP Energy Partners (JPEP) Enter ~$2B Merger Agreement
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!