Staples (SPLS) Names New CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) announced the appointment of Shira Goodman as its President and Chief Executive Officer and as a member of its Board of Directors, effective immediately.
“After a comprehensive search process that included the evaluation of several qualified candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer, the Board has approved Shira’s appointment. This decision was not only based on her long tenure and deep understanding of our industry, but also on the leadership qualities she has demonstrated while serving as interim Chief Executive Officer,” said Robert Sulentic, Independent Lead Director. “Having joined Staples in 1992, Shira has a thorough understanding of our customers and operations which she combines with the outside-in thinking critical to competing in today’s marketplace.”
During her career at Staples, Ms. Goodman has served in key leadership positions, including President, North American Operations; President, North American Commercial; Executive Vice President of Global Growth; Executive Vice President of Human Resources, and Executive Vice President of Marketing. Ms. Goodman was appointed interim Chief Executive Officer in May 2016.
“I am both honored and excited to become the Chief Executive Officer of Staples,” said Ms. Goodman. “I am committed to executing our Staples 20/20 strategy which is focused on accelerating growth with mid-market customers in North America and building on our momentum with products and services beyond office supplies. We have an incredible team of dedicated associates and I am proud to lead them as we transform our company and create long term shareholder value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Rafael Lizardi as Next CFO; Current CFO, Kevin March, to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!