Performance Sports Group (PSG) Says Target of U.S. SEC Investigation
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Performance Sports Group (NYSE: PSG) disclosed the following on Wednesday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
An article appearing in the August 15, 2016 edition of New Hampshire Business Review reported that a Performance Sports Group spokesman “said that the firm is not under any investigation by federal authorities, though it is the target of six class action suits filed in May and consolidated in U.S. District Court in New York.”
That report is not accurate. While its August 15 announcement referenced an internal investigation, Performance Sports Group is also the subject of inquiries by U.S. and Canadian securities regulators, including an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. It is also a named defendant in only one shareholder class action lawsuit now pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Heat Biologics (HTBX) Files 3M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholders
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot Corp. News, Litigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!